Happy New Year! Despite our challenges ahead, I hope it truly will be a happy, healthy, hopeful, magical new year for you all.
I’m excited about the kick off to the year, which has already included:
- the big Publishers Weekly announcement of the new Faith Hunter sales
- an interview with me over on The Big Thrill for my new young adult suspense novel FAULTLINES
- the UK release of Barbara J. Hancock’s BRIMSTONE BRIDE (US edition coming January 12th)
- Nerds of a Feather, Flock Together declaring THE OBELISK GATE by N.K. Jemison one of the Top Nine Books Published in 2016
- Berkley launching the #Peterlies promotion for Christina Henry’s upcoming Captain Hook origin story entitled LOST BOY, also just featured on Barnes & Noble’s blog about 96 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Books Editors Can’t Wait for You to Read in 2017!
- Amazon naming Genevieve Cogman’s THE BURNING PAGE as one of their Best Books of the Month: Science Fiction and Fantasy
- Omni naming Genevieve Cogman herself one of the Best Emerging Fantasy Writers of 2016
I have a happy book birthday shout-out as well! Or a happy novella birthday, anyway, for Keith R.A. Decandido’s Super City Cops: UNDERCOVER BLUES, the second in the series after SCC: AVENGING AMETHYST, which was published last month.
The great metropolis of Super City is the home of dozens of costumed heroes — the Terrific Trio, the Bruiser, the Superlative Six, the Cowboy, and many more — who do battle against the super-villains who terrorize the citizenry.
These aren’t their stories …
When the heroes are done punching out the villains, it’s left to the stalwart men and women of the Super City Police Department to restrain them, arrest them, and hope that this time there’s enough evidence to actually convict them.
Just another day on the job for the Super City Cops.